Chinchilla Sweet Family Lomonosov Porcelain Figurine 2 items Set
Chinchillas are two species of crepuscular rodents, slightly larger and more robust than ground squirrels. They are native to the Andes mountains in South America and live in colonies called "herds" at high elevations up to 4,270 m (14,000 ft). Historically, chinchillas lived in an area that included parts of Bolivia, Peru, Argentina, and Chile, but today colonies in the wild are known only in Chile. Along with their relatives, viscachas, they make up the family Chinchillidae.
The chinchilla (whose name literally means "clay") is named after the Chincha people of the Andes, who once wore its dense, velvet-like fur. By the end of the 19th century, chinchillas had become quite rare due to hunting for their ultra-soft fur. Most chinchillas currently used by the fur industry for clothing and other accessories are farm-raised.
- The item is HAND PAINTED.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece.
- Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- Standing figurine measures L 3.7", W 2.3", H 3.5". Sitting figurine measures: L 4.1", H 2", W 2.2"
- Shape designer G.Belash; Pattern designer: I.Tishkina
Shipping Weight: 500 gr. (17.64 oz) (1.1 lbs)
Approximate Shipping: $8.95 (Standard delivery Worldwide)
List price: $90.00
Ask-a-Question About This Product